Friday, December 19, 2008

Tag....I'm It!!!
My daughter Holly tagged me ....so I'll see if I can follow directions....

8 things about myself
1. I'm way too tenderhearted....I cry when they win on gameshows
2. I'm a closet anorexic.....have their thoughts but love to eat too much to quit
3. I think I would really be a good waitress...have a servant's spirit and like to make people happy
4. I'm a closet charismatic too......LOVE worshipping unabandoned
5. I obviously need to come out of the closet
6. Motherhood is my greatest achievement....nothing ever brought me more joy or fulfillment
7. I thought I was going crazy during menopause....so GLAD the pause is over
8. I love the Lord more and more each day.....and I finally KNOW He loves me too

8 things I did today

1. Assisted in a splenectomy on a labrador
2. Purchased 4 Christmas presents on my lunch hour
3. Cooked my husband a steak for supper
4. Finally figured how to get to my blog
5. Forgot my password....see number 4
6. Talked to my sister in NC by phone confirming our singing at her church this Sunday
7. Mailed sympathy cards to my friends who lost their grandaddy
8. Talked to one of my beautiful daughters by phone, got a hug from the other one

8 of my favorite restaurants

1. Don Papa Grande
2. Sibleys
3. Olive Garden
4. Panera Bread
5. mcDonalds (can't help it....)
6. Applebee's
7. Crackerbarrel
8. The Chicohominy House....yeah...let's GO

Did I Do This Right, Holly???........smile
Posted by sandy at 7:34 PM 0 comments
My Father's Heart......
The phonecall was a warning that daddy wasn't well. From his hospital bed, his weak, frail voice tried to comfort ME...reassuring me that after a change in medication and some consultation, it looked like surgery was in order....my daddy was to undergo heart valve repair or replacement. His only regret was forfeiting the much-anticipated trip to Virginia to have Thanksgiving with all of us. BUT...God had other plans....daddy got out of the hospital, ate a few good meals, rested well in his own bed...and came to Virginia for Thanksgiving! I think the trip lifted his spirits and strengthened his heart as much as any good medicine! He ate and shopped and loved on great-grandchildren. He napped by the fireplace while we played cards nearby....ate and shopped some more, relishing the 1st class wheelchair rides...he laughed and loved freely and then went home to hear not another mention of surgery. My daddy's heart was touched by my Heavenly Father 2 1/2 years ago and what a surgery THAT was....sin was excised, guilt diminished, joy implanted...his heart was broken, then forgiven, healed...then totally surrendered. It's all about my Father's Heart toward my daddy...and my daddy is resting in that....no matter how weak and frail the heartbeat...it beats for Jesus now.
Posted by sandy at 7:14 PM 0 comments
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) Sunshine's Corner

Followers (1)
Follow this blog
Stop following
1 Follower View All Manage
Blog Archive
▼ 2008 (2)
▼ December (2)
Tag....I'm It!!!
My Father's Heart......
About Me

sandy
Striving to reach the goal ...a Titus 2......Proverbs 31 woman....thankful for mercy....praising Him for grace....content to be Who He wants......
View my complete profile

No comments: